Kent Hehr vows to continue as Calgary Centre MP

13


Having actually invested the past three weeks recuperating in the house after suffering a seizure, embattled Calgary Centre MP Kent Hehr says he used the time to reflect on the #MeToo motion and accusations that required him to step down as minister of sport and individuals with disabilities.

” I am devoted to the process enacted by the prime minister,” read the statement posted to social networks Wednesday afternoon.

” While I have confidence in the result of this investigation, exactly what is important is that we enable and regard due procedure. I want this investigation to be reliable, thorough and welcoming to those who need to be heard.”

Hehr stated he will not speak even more on the issue until the matter is concluded, but “while this unfolds, I will continue to work for the people of Calgary Centre.”

Hehr resigned from cabinet in January after posts were made on Twitter declaring improper behaviour.

Kristin Raworth said Hehr made ladies feel “risky” while operating at the Alberta Legislature, where he was an MLA from 2008 to 2015. The post stated he made verbally suggestive remarks, including telling her “you’re yummy” while the 2 were alone in an elevator.

Another lady later came forward to say she had been groped by Hehr at a federal Liberal caucus celebration in 2016.

None of the accusations have actually been proven and the examination is being led by Toronto-based work law practice Rubin Thomlinson.

Hehr had actually been moved into the federal sport and persons with disabilities portfolios from veterans affairs last summer.

A quadriplegic, Hehr suffered the seizure in the days following his resignation.

Source Link


ALSO CHECK OUT THE Latest News Headlines at EPICdigest.com